Board of Education Full Kit Board and Microcontroller BS2 Includes
28103: Board of Education (Serial) -Full Kit (Prototyping Systems)View Larger Image
Image is representative only
|Jameco Part no. 2153465|
|NCNR (Non-Cancelable, Non Returnable)|
- Data Sheet (current) [147 KB ]
Board of Education (Serial) - Full KitThe Board of Education Full Kit is a concise package of all the hardware you need to begin building projects with the BASIC Stamp microcontroller. Everything you need is included except for a power supply, components and parts to build projects. So if you plan to purchase the Stamps in Class parts and text selections or if you have a workshop full of LEDs, resistors, capacitors, sensors and more, then this is the right kit for you.
It's called the Board of Education Full Kit since the BOE board is the main feature and houses the BASIC Stamp 2 module (also included.) The BOE carrier board is our most popular board since it is capable of being used in a wide variety of applications. Originally, designed for education, this board is now implemented by the complete spectrum of our customer base. The convenient hook-ups, 3-position power switch, and the overall solid workmanship make it a very reliable platform for any 24-pin BASIC Stamp and Javelin Stamp application. Scroll to the bottom of this page for a listing of technical features.
Stamps in Class and Multiple Purpose Platform
Each set of Stamps in Class guides requires a BASIC Stamp 2 module with a Board of Education programming board, both of which are included in this BOE Full Kit. As mentioned previously, the BOE was designed in coordination with our educational customers to teach microcontroller programming and interfacing. Even if you aren't using our educational guides, this kit is still an ideal project board for instructor-authored BASIC Stamp lessons.
BOE Revision C Improvements
1. The jumper near the servo connectors will select either Vdd (5 V) or Vin (unregulated input voltage) to power the servos.
2. The three-position power switch is either off (0), power to everything but servo connectors (1), or power to everything (2).
- Mechanically interlocked power supply to prevent dual connection of wall-pack and 9-volt battery
- DB9 connector for BS2-IC programming and serial communication during run-time
- P0 - P15 I/O pins
- Vdd and Vss connections brought adjacent to 5.1 x 3.5 cm (2" x 1 3/8") breadboard area
- Includes set of ten (10) color-coded 22 gauge wires
- Female 10-pin dual row connector for optional AppMods (more breadboard space)
- Traces on top of the board show connections between BS2-IC and breadboard connections
- Opaque Red
- Opaque Black
- Transparent Blue
- Board of Education carrier board
- BASIC Stamp 2 module
- 10 pluggable jumper wires
- Serial cable
The Board of Education "Full Kit" contains a Board of Education® carrier board, BASIC Stamp® 2 module, pluggable wires, and serial cable. No power supply is included, thus saving shipping costs for our international customers.
If you are a beginner, we recommend purchasing the BOE Full Kit and the What's a Microcontroller? tutorial and parts kit (#28152) OR purchase the BASIC Stamp Discovery Kit (#27207) which includes everything from these 2 kits minus a power supply.
Downloads & Resources
- Board of Education Rev. C Manual v2.0 (.pdf)
Board of Education Rev. C Schematic (.pdf)
Power Supply Recommendation Chart
Report a problem
Suggest a product