The Talking Voltmeter provides the builder, a practical tool to measure voltages with both a visual display and voice output. Since the user records the audio, there are many possibilities for the audio output in addition to speech. In addition the user can opt to choose "set points" with appropriate recorded warnings, resulting in a device that only alerts on or above the set point value! As designed, the Talking meter has three selectable voltage ranges with design calculations. The builder can redesign these for user chosen voltage ranges or other meter applications. Modifications will require materials not included in the kit such as rectifiers, capacitors, resistors, and enameled wire. Check out what others are saying about the Talking Voltmeter project build!
Please note: Due to inventory packaging methods, you may receive extra components for some products.
You Will Need
- Soldering iron and solder
- Basic hand tools including precision diagonal cutting pliers.
- Adjustable power supply (0-20V) for calibration
- Voltmeter for calibration and testing
- Optional project box and power switch
- Hot glue gun
- Nuts & Bolts 4-40 or 6-32 X 1" (4 each)
- 1' Red and 1' Black stranded hook up wire 22-24 gauge
Club Jameco Project #20528
Check out more fun and exciting electronic projects
Report a problem
Suggest a product