Loadstar Sensors Make Load Sensing EasyBy Shalin Shah
|"What's a load cell?" I thought to myself as my Marketing Director asked if I could write about Loadstar Sensors for my next article. So I did what any sensible person would do... and Googled it. It turns out that a load cell is exactly as the name suggests, it's a transducer cell that determines the amount of load on a system.|
How It WorksSo how exactly do one of these load cells work? Below is a diagram illustrating how Loadstar's digital USB load cells work.
ApplicationsThere are many practical applications for load sensors, from monitoring an IV drip bag to automating the filling of water bottles, to even monitoring your center of gravity while swinging a golf club.
Here's how the golf training application might work:
• Use a platform plate of some sort outfitted with four 100 lb. iLoad USB load cells in each corner.
• Connect each Load Cell to a computer preinstalled with Loadstar's specialized LoadVUE software via a USB hub.
• The center-of-gravity monitoring system will then track your center of gravity pathway in order to ensure an optimum golf swing
for maximum power and precision.
|Setup: 15 minutes
• (4) 100 lb. iLoad USB Load Cells (2120920 or 2120971)
• Platform Plate
• USB Hub
• LoadVUE Software (included with USB Load Cells)
ThoughtsWhile I've discussed only one or two applications here, there must be hundreds of ways to design some added intelligence into common projects. Loadstar realizes that the software is as important as the hardware and has done a good job of integrating the two to make customizing this technology easy and straightforward.