Lascar Electronics: Panel Meters
Gone are the days when programming a digital panel meter took months of tedious programming in a mystical communication language. Lascar has created a solution that allows you to use its Panel Pilot software to design customized meter displays and download them to the meter itself. This product line dramatically improves the sophistication and ease of use to measure things like input signals, voltage, frequency, and so much more.
The SGD 24-M was the first Panel Pilot-compatible display from Lascar Electronics. It has a 2.40" TFT color display and touch screen technology. Panel Pilot is a desktop software platform that allows configuration and customization of a range of compatible color displays. 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the Windows software are available by clicking here. The program can be easily uploaded to this panel meter through a USB cable.
The SGD 28-M has a 2.8" TFT color display with a pixel resolution of 320 x 240, and USB programming interface.
The SGD 35-M PanelPilot-compatible Smart Graphics Display has just arrived and it's already making waves. It has all the features of the SGD 24-M and more. The SGD 35-M is incredibly accurate with typical error of just 0.05%. It has a sample rate of about 3 samples per second and temperature stability of 100 ppm/°C, so you can be sure that your measurements and readings are spot-on every time. The new 3.5" screen allows for improved visibility and enhanced applications.
You can customize this 3.5" color TFT screen in seconds with the simple click of a mouse. It is programmable through USB interface and you can even use Lascar's award-winning PanelPilot software to select from a wide range of customizable digital and analog meter styles. Using the software, you can customize colors, text labels, scaling, and even display your own logo upon power-up. Choose from a wide variety of touchscreen applications as well as more traditional voltmeter apps.
Click to play Lascar Video.
Panel Pilot Display Features:
• Easy set-up and customizable
• Programmable via USB interface (USB 1.1 and 2.0)
• Compatible with Windows® XP, 2000, Vista, and Windows 7
• Simple panel mounting solution
• SPI & I2C bus, and alarm output capabilities
• Wide operating voltage: 4-30VDC
• Voltage measurement range: 0-40VDC
• Digital hold function
Benefits & Applications of Digital Panel Meters (vs. Analog Panel Meters):
• Accuracy is typically 0.50% or better
• Monitor and measure both voltage & current
• Provide large digital displays for AC & DC applications
The software is included with every Panel Meter Display and allows the following parameters to be configured:
• Meter type
• Text labels (including units and graph labels)
• Background, graph segment, and text colors
• Input scaling / calibration (at two points)
• Splash screen image selection (to display a user image, such as a logo, when the meter is powered-up)
• System Requirements: Windows® 2000, XP (Home & Professional Editions), Vista (32-bit), and Windows® 7
Finally, we have to put all of this into perspective by introducing price into the equation. All of the SGD models are very reasonably priced, the SDG 24-M being the least expensive option on the market. Overall, when you calculate its ease of use and the capabilities of the Panel Pilot software, these solutions are definitely a bargain.
Visit http://www.panelpilot.com for even more downloadable apps.