Loadstar Sensors Make Load Sensing EasyBy Shalin Shah
"What's a load cell?" I thought to myself so I did what any sensible person would do... and Googled it. It turns out that a load cell is exactly as the name suggests, it's a transducer cell that determines the amount of load on a system.
How It WorksHow exactly do one of these load cells work? Below is a diagram illustrating how Loadstar's digital USB load cells work.
ApplicationsThere are many practical applications for load sensors, from monitoring an IV drip bag to automating the filling of water bottles, to even monitoring your center of gravity while swinging a golf club.
Here's how the golf training application might work:
• Use a platform plate of some sort outfitted with four 100 lb. iLoad USB load cells in each corner.
• Connect each Load Cell to a computer preinstalled with Loadstar's specialized LoadVUE software via a USB hub.
• The center-of-gravity monitoring system will then track your center of gravity pathway in order to ensure an optimum golf swing
for maximum power and precision.
Golf Training Application Diagram
- (4) 100 lb. iLoad USB Load Cells (MFM-100-LV1000-S or PUF-100-LV1000-S)
- Platform Plate
- USB Hub
- LoadVUE Software (included with USB Load Cells)