Does Jameco accept orders by phone, fax, or mail? Can I order in person?
- We do, and you can! You can call us at 1-800-831-4242 to place your order. You can also fill out an Order Form and fax it to us at 1-800-237-6948 or mail it to us at Jameco Electronics, 1355 Shoreway Road, Belmont, CA 94002. To order in person, just come to the address listed above and order in our will-call office!
- Note: If you are ordering from outside the US, you should call us at 1-650-592-8097 or fax us at 1-650-592-2503.
- Once you select the "Purchase Now" button on the Order Summary Page during the "Shopping Cart" checkout process, you will be redirected to a confirmation page. This page will list an order confirmation number. You will also receive an e-mail confirmation within 24 hours that contains all the details of your order. If you didn't see a web confirmation page, our server probably still received your order, but please call Jameco Customer Service at 1-800-536-4316 to make sure.
- Call Jameco Customer Service right away at 1-800-536-4316. We can check on your order and void the duplicate order for you.
- You can check the status of all orders online, as long as you have the order confirmation number. Go here and enter your order number and your shipping ZIP code. If you don't have your order number, please call Customer Service at 1-800-536-4316 to check your order status.
- Our "Check Order Status" is integrated with the tracking systems of the major couriers. When you look up your order at Jameco.com, we pass tracking information to the courier and bring you back the results.
- We typically void orders when your credit/debit card is declined. If this is not the case, please call Customer Service at 1-800-536-4316.
- If your orders haven't been sent to our warehouse yet, we can change or combine them. Call Customer Service at 1-800-536-4316 to change or combine your order(s).
- Security is a top priority here at Jameco. When you send us your information, you can rest assured that it is protected. We use the latest 128-bit SHA1 SSL 3.0 transport security to encrypt your sensitive data. VeriSign certifies our website's identity to help protect you from hackers and fraudsters.
- Because Jameco incurs a significant cost to process every order, we charge $5 on any order less than $10. Hopefully you can find a few more parts to bring your order above this threshold and then the charge will automatically disappear.
- Jameco takes great care to package your product so that it arrives without damage. While we are very conscious of shipping weight we give our packing department the latitude they need to adjust the packaging strategy. Instead of simply "rounding up" and charging a shipping weight based on a theoretical charge, we only charge you based on the actual weight as it leaves our facility. If you have questions about shipping costs please don't hesitate to call us at 800-831-4242.
I'm having problems with the shopping cart. What should I do?
- First, check that cookies are enabled, and that cookies from Jameco.com are not being blocked. If those settings seem okay, try clearing your browser's cookies and cache, then close and re-open your browser and try again. If all else fails, try closing all open programs and restarting your computer, or ordering from another computer.
- We do! We mail our 200-page full-color catalogs quarterly. You can sign-up for our catalog mailings here or download a pdf catalog here.
- First, check that you've received all the boxes associated with your order. Then empty each box you received; sometimes small parts get caught in crevices or in packing material. If you still can't find your item, please call Jameco Customer Service at 1-800-536-4316.
- Paying with a Credit Account is only for registered users of the website attached to an existing account on Net 30 terms with Jameco.
- Those components are generally prepackaged in groups of the minimum order. For example, we receive many capacitors in packets of 10, so you can't order fewer than 10.
What is NCNR?
- NCNR stands for "non-cancelable, non returnable." Occasionally, Jameco will ask customers to agree that a specific product cannot be returned or canceled. This happens for products that are special-ordered, custom, modified or if the customer purchases very large quantities that then trigger a reorder. In both cases, Jameco would otherwise be left holding product that cannot be readily sold. Of course, this has no impact on Jameco's warranty which allows customers to return defective products to us for a period of 90 days after the order has shipped.
- The California Energy Commission is California's primary energy policy and planning agency. Created in 1974 and headquartered in Sacramento, the Commission has responsibility for activities that include forecasting future energy needs, promoting energy efficiency through appliance and building standards, and supporting renewable energy technologies.
- Various industrialized countries have started to regulate energy usage for a variety of standard consumer and industrial products. Along with other types of electronic equipment, power adapters have come under scrutiny with respect to energy usage.
As of July 1st 2008, external power supplies (power adapters) are required to meet Tier 2 limits. This is equivalent to Efficiency Level 4 (see below or go to www.energy.ca.gov).