Return / Warranty Service
What steps should I follow to return a product?
- First, request an RMA number.
- To initiate a return, fill out an RMA Request form. Within 24 hours, you will receive your RMA number by email or fax. If you would like to speak with a customer service representative, call us at 1-800-536-4316.
- Then, ship your item(s) back to Jameco.
- Once you've received your RMA number, pack your items in the box you received from Jameco or a similar box.
- Be sure to include all the accessories!
- Once you've packed the box, write the RMA number clearly on the outside with permanent marker. Then, ship it back to Jameco using UPS, FedEx, or First Class Mail. Our address is:
1355 Shoreway Road
Belmont, California 94002
We do not accept freight collect packages on returns.
- Finally, we will refund or replace your item(s). Depending on what you requested, we will refund you by check, credit your account, or replace your item. Please be aware that it can take as long as 30 days until you receive your check or replacement item.
- If your kit is missing a component or has a defective part, Jameco will replace it for free. Call 800-831-4242 from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time, Monday through Friday, to request a replacement part.
- If you prefer to return the kit for a refund, call 800-831-4242 from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time, Monday through Friday.
- You can return unassembled kits (which must include all the kit components) or unmarked books (with unbent spines) for evaluation. After the Returns Department has verified that the book is unmarked and/or the unassembled kit is complete, a refund will be issued. Please note that this type of return may take up to three business days to process.
- Kits and books that are returned in non-reusable condition will be returned and no refunds will be given.
- Sorry, we cannot accept returns on any of these items.
- Return checks and replacement items can arrive as many as 30 days after you've shipped your return.
- Yes. Please request one with our RMA Request form, and write it on the outside of your box with permanent marker before you ship it back to Jameco.
- Please send it to:
1355 Shoreway Road
Belmont, California 94002
- Yes, you must include all accessories when you return your products to Jameco. Please include everything you're returning, and write your RMA number with permanent marker on the outside of the box you ship to Jameco.
- We charge a 15% restocking fee when returns are due to customer error. If your return is due to our error, we will not charge any restocking fee.
- All Jameco purchases come with a 30-day money-back return policy, plus a 90-day Jameco warranty against any manufacturing defects. All Jameco house-brand products Jameco ValuePro™, Jameco ReliaPro™ and Jameco BenchPro™ come with a one-year warranty. Defective items must be shipped prepaid. This warranty shall not apply to any item where defects have been caused by improper customer assembly, failure by customer to follow instructions, product modification, negligent or improper operation.
- In the unlikely event that you find a lower printed price, simply call us with the details at the time of purchase. We'll beat any price by 10% as long as it's above our cost.
- We make every effort to keep pricing up to date but published pricing and discounts are subject to change without notice. We are not responsible for typographical errors in our catalog or on the website. Photos are representative and product appearance may vary.
- Telephone orders below $25 are charged a $5 handling fee. That handling fee is waived for web orders where there is no minimum. All international orders less than $40 are subject to a $7.50 processing fee.
- Jameco shall not be liable for any incidental, special or consequential damages for breach of any warranty, expressed or implied, directly or indirectly arising out of Jameco's sale of merchandise, including any failure to deliver any merchandise, or arising out of customer's installation or use, whether proper or improper, of the product, separately or in combination with other equipment, or from any other cause. Products sold by Jameco are not authorized for use as critical components in life support devices or systems.
- Jameco, Jameco ValuePro™, Jameco ReliaPro™ and Jameco Benchpro™ are all registered trademarks of Jameco Electronics.
- You must pay all shipping costs for returning the defective item to Jameco.
- Just fill out an RMA Request form, and mark your product as defective. We'll be happy to replace your product.