Technical Support Specialist
Jameco Electronics is looking for a candidate who
- Is a proven leader in both the Sales and Marketing functions of an e-commerce driven company.
- Has a track record of being both a creative and strategic partner within the organization.
- Has created and implemented sales and marketing initiatives that have met or exceeded revenue forecasts
- Will thrive in a hands on, "roll up your sleeves" work environment
Work with Management Team to build a cohesive vision around:
- Meeting Customer needs
- Identifying and measuring against competition
- Performance and position in our industry
- Working through our current Sales Channels, and identifying new ones
- Adoption and utilization of new technology to enhance all company functions including the Sales and Marketing function
Website design and strategies
- Drive e-commerce revenue through website merchandising, conversion rate optimization and traffic drivers such as SEO
- Curate content to increase customer engagement and sales conversions
Customer prospecting and retention
- Develop new Marketing and Sales programs to grow revenue and market share
- Manage Quoting and Inside Sales functions
Collaborate with Product Marketing and Development
Skills and Experience:
- Identify revenue opportunities
- Provide feedback loop to Product Marketing around what is selling, not selling to create quantifiable input on product assortment
- Develop product and financial strategies and targets for e-Commerce, partnering with team members to deliver against goals
- Drive initiatives around order quantities, deliveries, and pricing/discounts
- Eight to ten years of sales/marketing experience required
- Three to five years of experience with B2B and/or B2C products in e-commerce; preferably with large product catalog across multiple categories within e-Commerce
- Experience working with Microsoft AX and MS Access is a plus
Bachelor's degree in Sales, Marketing or related
Technical Support Specialist
Jameco Electronics is a worldwide distributor of electronic components, power supplies, do it yourself kits, soldering equipment and accessories as well as much more. The technical support specialist will be responsible for walking the customer through the process of finding the correct part for their applications.This person will assist customers over the telephone, by e-mail, by chat, and in person in the Will Call area. Under direction, the technician will handle a variety of other technical projects including the evaluation of new samples, full qualification of products, implementation of circuits and systems for a variety of purposes, assistance to the warehouse in identifying and testing product, and other projects as required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Job Qualifications & Requirements:
- Respond quickly and effectively to customer technical inquiries, issues, or complaints about Jameco products
- Help customers find data sheets and other literature for our products
- Perform testing as needed to evaluate, qualify, measure, or debug various products
- Help customers troubleshoot issues they encounter while using our parts
- Assist the warehouse in identifying existing or incoming inventory
- Perform testing before ship for the warehouse
- Understand and master all product categories in the catalog
- Perform miscellaneous tasks and projects as required by the tech supervisor
- 2+ years in technical support of electronics products, preferably components
- Problem-solving skills – an agile mind, electronics aptitude, open-mindedness, curiosity.
- Solid understanding of electronic concepts and terminology as it relates to components.
- Solid understanding of Printed Circuit Board components. Power Supplies,Internal/External. PC Prototyping.
- Strong aptitude in project/electronic kit building ( i.e. Arduino/Beaglebone)
- Strong PC skills, for general computer aptitude using in-house applications, plus e-mail, and research on the Internet
- Excellent skills in working in a fast-paced, frequently changing team-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially over the telephone
- Excellent verbal and written skills
AA degree in electronics or equivalent – preferred.
Please email your resume and salary history to: [email protected]