Technical Support Rep
A customer support technician helps customers understand and design in products sold and supported by Jameco. This person will assist customers over the telephone, by e-mail, by chat, and in person in the Will Call area. Under direction, the technician will handle a variety of other technical projects including the evaluation of new samples, full qualification of products, implementation of circuits and systems for a variety of purposes, assistance to the warehouse in identifying and testing product, and other projects as required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Respond quickly and effectively to customer technical inquiries, issues, or complaints about Jameco products
- Assist customers in designing in our products
- Help customers find data sheets and other literature for our products
- Perform testing as needed to evaluate, qualify, measure, or de-bug various products
- Assist the warehouse in identifying existing or incoming inventory
- Perform testing before ship for the warehouse
- Understand and master all product categories in the catalog
- Perform miscellaneous tasks and projects as required by the tech supervisor
- 2+ years in technical support of electronics products, preferably components
- Problem-solving skills -- an agile mind, electronics aptitude, open-mindedness, curiosity.
- Solid understanding of electronic concepts and terminology as it relates to components.
- Solid understanding of Printed Circuit Board components. Power Supplies,Internal/External. PC Prototyping.
- Strong aptitude in project/electronic kit building ( i.e. Arduino/Beaglebone)
- Strong PC skills, for general computer aptitude using in-house applications, plus e-mail, and research on the Internet
- Excellent skills in working in a fast-paced, frequently changing team-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially over the telephone
- Excellent verbal and written skills
AA degree in electronics or equivalent -- preferred.
If you have any questions please contact our Human ResourcesDepartment at: [email protected]