The serial interface allows full control of all playback features, as well as all file functions available on the uMMC Serial Data Module, Jameco P/N: (2135769). This means you can play audio tracks and store/read data simultaneously.
Each module has a 1/8" stereo headphone jack for headsets (16 Ohms+) or for line-in connections.
For 7-12 volt operation (especially for standalone applications), we recommend using the Rogue Robotics rPower board.
Firmware can be updated, as new features become available, through the serial interface.
Note: SD/MMC card not included
- Plays MP3, PCM WAV, and IMA ADPCM WAV files.
- Plays all bitrate files, from 32 kbps up to 320 kbps.
- Plays all sample rate files, 32, 44.1 and 48 kHz.
- MP3 playback control via serial or parallel interface.
- Works out of the box by using digital triggers.
- Pitch control.
- Play tones (no files needed).
- Powerful and easy serial interface to SD/SDHC/MMC/TF flash memory cards.
- MMC, SD (SDC), SDHC cards supported.
- microSD, transflash, and miniSD support (with adapters).
- Easy to use serial data interface (TTL, 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit).
- 2400 bps to 460800 bps serial rates.
- 40 KB/s throughput.
- 3 to 5 volt operation.
- RoHS Compliant.
- RTC built-in for time stamps (requires host to set after power-up).
- Low power operation - less than 60mA @ 5V during playback - less than 30mA @ 5V idle (ultra low power operation available).
- Small module footprint (2.5" x 2"/6.35cm x 5.08cm) with 4x40 mounting holes.
- FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32 compatible - 1MB to 32GB and beyond.
- Random reading and writing data files (you can read and write anywhere in files).
- Up to 4 files open simultaneously.
- Internal high-speed file copying.
- Configuration can be read from card.
- Easily interfaced with any microcontroller (PIC, AVR, 8051, etc.).
- Chipset available (TQFP44/QFN44 + LQFP48).
- POP/Kiosk audio playback
- Portable MP3 player
- On-hold music for phone systems
- Amusement attractions
- Commercial ambient audio systems
- Music, speech and data storage for robotics
- ... and much more!
Report a problem
Suggest a product