Get a thorough introduction to Arduino, the open-source electronics prototyping platform that's taking the design and hobbyist world by storm. The second edition of Getting Started with Arduino is updated to cover the latest Arduino hardware and software and gives you lots of ideas for projects and helps you get going on them right away.
From getting organized to putting the final touches on your project, all the information you need is right in this handy book. Inside, you'll learn about:
- Interaction design and physical computing
- The Arduino hardware and software development environment
- Basics of electricity and electronics
- Prototyping on a solderless breadboard
- Working with sensors (such as LEDs) and actuators (such as switches and knobs)
The Open-Source Electronics Prototyping Platform
With inexpensive hardware and open-source software components that you can download free, getting started with Arduino is a snap. To use the introductory examples in this book, all you need is an Arduino, USB cable to connect it to your computer, an LED, some wire, and resistors. Join hundreds of thousands of hobbyists who have discovered this incredible (and educational) platform. Getting Started with Arduino gets you in on the fun!
Also, if you would like the book bundled with a variety of components and an Arduino board, you may want to take a look at the Getting Started with Arduino Kit.
First Edition Example Code
You can copy and paste the code from each example into an empty sketch.
- Example 01 : Blinking LED
- Example 02: Turn on LED while the button is pressed
- Example 03A: Keep LED on after the button is released
- Example 03B: Improvement to 03A
- Example 03C: 03B with de-bouncing added
- Example 04: Fade an LED in and out
- Example 05: LED on/off switch with brightness adjustment
- Example 06A: Blink LED at a rate specified by the value of the analogue input
- Example 06B: Set the brightness of LED using analogue input
- Example 07: Sending data over the serial port
- Example 08A: Arduino networked lamp (Processing code)
- Example 08B: Arduino networked lamp (Arduino code)
Report a problem
Suggest a product