FM Radio Electronic Kit
Description: FM Radio Kit
Skill Level: Easy
Do you like to jam out to your favorite songs on the radio? Or do you like to be informed about the world around you? Or how about listening to your favorite celebrities on a talk show? Well, that can all be possible with this easy-to-assemble project.
What You Need
1 FM radio motherboard
1 long screw
1 short screw
1 black wire
1 red LED light
2 red knobs
1 DC jack
5 electrolytic capacitors
1 capacitive trimmer
1 voltage regulator
1 FM front end IC
1 long IC socket
1 short IC socket
8 resistors (Red, Red, Black), (Brown, Black, Orange), (Red, Red, Red), (Grey, Red, Brown), (Blue, Grey, Orange)
8 capacitors (151), (221), (223), (104)
DC power plug
(Note: For each step, carefully use a soldering iron to solder all necessary parts into place.)
1. Insert the long screw into the bottom hole under the speaker circle, and the shorter one in the hole over the speaker circle. Place a spacer on each screw on the other side of the motherboard. Then position the speaker. Next, place each clamp on the screw so it can hold the speaker in place. Tighten each with a nut.
2. Insert the resistors in their necessary places on the motherboard. (The gold strip on the resistor should be on the right side.)
3. Insert the diode in the D1 place so the grey stripe on the diode is on the right side.
4. Take the yellow covers off of the wires of the choke, and insert the choke into the L1 place so the gold stripe is on the right side.
5. Insert the long IC socket into the IC1 place and the short IC socket into the IC2 place.
CAUTION: Make sure the gap of the IC socket as seen in the picture matches the half circle on the motherboard.
6. Insert the capacitors into the necessary places on the motherboard.
7. Insert the voltage regulator into the VR1 place.
8. Insert the switch into the SW1 place.
9. Insert the red LED into the ON place with the shorter lead on the white stripe side of the ON place.
10. Insert the capacitive trimmer into the CV1 place. (Note: there are too many holes, so use the three that would fit the capacitive trimmer.)
11. Insert the DC jack into the SK2 place.
12. Insert the electrolytic capacitors into the C1, C2, C3, C12, and the C13 places with the longer lead into the holes where the + sign is.
13. Insert each red knob into a trimmer. Then insert the trimmers into the RV1 and RV2 places.
14. Insert the FM front end into the FM FRONT-END place.
15. Cut two 1.5-inch wires and attach them to the speaker knobs and to their specific places as shown in the picture.
16. Cut a 6-inch wire and insert it into the antenna hole so there is a little bit of the wire sticking out on the back side of the radio as shown in the picture for soldering.
With the DC power plug inserted into the radio, turn on the switch and adjust the volume and frequency channels with the red knobs.