About Jameco Electronics
Jameco has been a leading electronic components distributor for over 40 years. We've helped millions of customers from businesses to educational institutions to hobbyists and along the way we're proud to have built a solid reputation for great prices, great selection, and a great source for hard-to-find electronic components. Jameco's buying expertise allows even the smallest company or individual to enjoy the same competitive pricing edge typically reserved for the highest volume buyers.
Jameco is the only electronic components distributor to give customers a true choice. Jameco offers more than 30,000 of the industry's most popular name brand components but what sets us apart is a large selection of in-stock house and generic brands that are typically priced 15% to 25% less, and an ever changing selection of Special Buys with a savings of 30% to 50% and more. Jameco is the kind of company that you want to work with. We're privately held, debt-free and financially strong. This combined with a large cash reserve means we can negotiate great deals and have the products you want in stock when you need it.
Jameco has more than 40 years of consistent, profitable operation. The company was founded in 1974 in Silicon Valley by Dennis Farrey, who was committed to bringing his customers great values in electronic components. This commitment still holds true today.
Jameco's first promotion was a 1/3-page advertisement in Radio Electronics. Now Jameco distributes a large, full-color catalog to millions of customers each year, and offers even more products on its website.
Jameco has years of experience in dealing directly with manufacturers throughout the world, including Asia. Because of its direct connection and long history with these manufacturers, the company gets the lowest possible price for the highest quality products.
In 2004, Jameco introduced its first branded products:
line of passive, electromechanical and interconnect products
line of power supplies, fans and motors
line of professional-grade workbench tools
line of educational and hobbyist electronic kits
In March 2005, the company bought the most recognized robotics website, RobotStore.com
. This strategic acquisition added to the expanding product portfolio offered to hobbyists.
In July 2008, Jameco launched a state-of-the-industry website with over fifty thousand products and the ability to instantly search on and compare products by virtually any specification or feature.
Jameco's broad product line includes:
- Computer Products
- Education & Hobby
- Electronic Design
- Fans & Cooling
- ICs & Semiconductors
- LCD Products
- Opto & Illumination
- Passive Components
- Power Supplies & Wall Adapters
- Security Products
- Test, Tools & Supplies
- Wire & Cable
Jameco features products from brand-name manufacturers such as:
- Analog Devices
- Mean Well
- National Semiconductor
- Texas Instruments
THE JAMECO'S GUARANTEE
We guarantee what we sell. We only sell high-quality and reliable products and are committed to exceeding all industry standards.
- We rigorously test Jameco branded products and back them with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 90-day warranty.
- You can order online, by phone, fax or email.
- For our customers in the San Francisco Bay Area we offer will-call sales.
- We accept most credit cards and offer credit to qualified business customers.
- We'll ship most orders placed by 6 p.m. EST the same day the order is placed.
- We offer a variety of services including scheduled shipments, kitting, volume discounts and special sourcing for hard-to-find products.
- We offer the lowest prices on all major brands as well as even greater values on in-house brands and factory overruns. We will match our competitor's price plus 10%.
- We are one of the only places that you can compare name brands with house brands feature-by-feature and spec-by-spec.
- We stock more than 99% of the items in the catalog, ready to ship the same day. This represents significantly greater availability than similar distributors.
- We are committed to always being one of our customers' favorite suppliers.
If for some reason you aren't happy, call us and we'll solve the problem. Our in-house technical team can provide you with the expertise you need and our customer service knows that Jameco's success is built on the value of our customer relationships.
Why work at Jameco?
Do you want to work for a stable company with diverse, creative and bright people? Would you like to be part of a team of loyal, enthusiastic experts? Would you like an opportunity to grow in a stable, profitable, challenging organization? Look no further - Jameco Electronics is the place for you!
Jameco places a high value on its employees and recognizes the talented and committed individuals who work here. We provide a working environment that reflects appreciation for our employees.
We are constantly looking for individuals who are committed to our goals and values. If you qualify for any of the job openings listed below, submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
; mail it to: Human Resources, 1355 Shoreway Rd, Belmont, CA 94002; or fax it to 650-802-1520.
Back to top of page