- Home>> Order Information
Does Jameco accept orders by phone, fax, or mail? Can I order in person?
- We do, and you can! You can call us at 1-800-831-4242 to place your order. You can also fill out an Order Form and fax it to us at 1-800-237-6948 or mail it to us at Jameco Electronics, 1355 Shoreway Road, Belmont, CA 94002.
- To order in person, just come to the address listed above and order in our will-call office! Walk in Will Call orders are subject to a $50 minimum order and require 2 hours for order processing.
- Note: If you are ordering from outside the US, you should call us at 1-650-592-8097 or fax us at 1-650-592-2503.
How do I know if my order was accepted?(For the Jameco.com website)
Once you select the "Purchase Now" button on the Order Summary Page during the "Shopping Cart" checkout process you will be redirected to a confirmation page. This page will list an order confirmation number. You will also receive an e-mail confirmation within 24 hours that contains all the details of your order. If you didn't see a web confirmation page, our server probably still received your order, but please call Jameco Customer Service at 1-800-536-4316 to make sure.
I might have accidentally placed a duplicate order. What should I do?
Call Jameco Customer Service right away at 1-800-536-4316. We can check on your order and void the duplicate order for you.
How can I check my order status? Can I check my order status online even if I made it by phone, fax, or mail?
You can check the status of all orders online, as long as you have the order confirmation number. Go here
and enter your order number and your shipping ZIP code. If you don't have your order number, please call Customer Service at 1-800-536-4316 to check your order status.
Can I track my Jameco order once it has shipped?
Our "Check Order Status
" is integrated with the tracking systems of the major couriers. When you lookup your order at Jameco.com, we pass tracking information to the courier, and bring you back the results.
Why was my order voided?
We typically void orders when your credit/debit card is declined. If this is not the case, please call Customer Service at 1-800-536-4316.
Can I change my order after I've submitted it? Can I combine two orders to reduce shipping costs?
If your orders haven't been sent to our warehouse yet, we can change or combine them. Call Customer Service at 1-800-536-4316 to change or combine your order(s).
Is Jameco's website secure? What security does Jameco use to keep my information private?
Security is a top priority here at Jameco. When you send us your information, you can rest assured that it is protected. We use the latest 128-bit SHA1 SSL 3.0 transport security to encrypt your sensitive data. VeriSign certifies our website's identity to help protect you from hackers and fraudsters.
I'm having problems with the shopping cart. What should I do?
First, check that cookies are enabled and that cookies from Jameco.com are not being blocked. If those settings seem okay, try clearing your browser's cookies and cache, then close and re-open your browser and try again. If all else fails, try closing all open programs and restarting your computer, or ordering from another computer.
Does Jameco have a paper catalog?
We do! We mail multiple catalogs quarterly. You can sign-up
for our catalog mailing or download the PDF versions
What should I do if an item is missing from my shipment?
First, check that you've received all the boxes associated with your order. Then fully empty each box you received; sometimes small parts get caught in crevices or in packing material. If you still can't find your item, please call Jameco Customer Service at 1-800-536-4316.
The Jameco Credit Account payment option is not shown on the Order Summary Page. Why not?
Paying with a Credit Account is only for registered users of the website attached to an existing account on Net 30 terms with Jameco.
Why does Jameco place minimum order quantity on some items?
Those components are generally prepackaged in groups of the minimum order. For example, we receive many capacitors in packets of 10, so you can't order fewer than 10.
What is NCNR?
NCNR stands for "non-cancelable, non returnable." Occasionally, Jameco will ask customers to agree that a specific product cannot be returned or canceled. This happens for products that are special ordered, custom, modified or if the customer purchases very large quantities that then triggers a reorder. In both cases, Jameco would otherwise be left holding product that cannot be readily sold. Of course, this has no impact on Jameco's warranty which allows customers to return defective products to us for a period of 90 days after the order has shipped.
What is CEC?
- The California Energy Commission is California's primary energy policy and planning agency. Created in 1974 and headquartered in Sacramento, the Commission has responsibility for activities that include forecasting future energy needs, promoting energy efficiency through appliance and building standards, and supporting renewable energy technologies.
- Various industrialized countries have started to regulate energy usage for a variety of standard consumer and industrial products. Along with other types of electronic equipment, power adapters have come under scrutiny with respect to energy usage.
, with exemption of medical equipment.
(California Energy Commission)
As of July 1st, 2008 external power supplies (power adapters) are required to meet Tier 2 limits. This is equivalent to Efficiency Level 4 (see below) or go to www.energy.ca.gov